Academic Advising


U of M StudentsYour school or college provides a staff or faculty academic advisors for you. You can meet with the same advisor you spoke with during Orientation or you can request a new advisor. Your academic advising appointments will give you some time alone with an advisor to discuss individual interests and course selections. Some schools require you to see an advisor each term. Even if your school doesn’t, it is a good idea to meet with an advisor once each term to make sure you are fulfilling all your degree requirements and taking advantage of all your options. Check with your school for details on how the advising system works.

Undergraduate Academic Advising Offices

School of Art & Design
2039 Art & Architecture Bldg.
We provide academic advising to current A&D students as well as any other UM students thinking of transferring to A&D.
E-mail: a&     Phone:764-0397

Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning
2150 Art & Architecture Bldg.
Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning provides academic services to students considering a transfer into architecture.
E-mail:     Phone:615-0431

Stephen M. Ross School of Business Admissions
Information for prospective Business students is available at:
Advising appointments for current business students may be scheduled at:

Comprehensive Studies Program (CSP)
G155 Angell Hall
E-mail:     Phone:764-9128

Dental Hygiene
3066 Dental Bldg.
E-mail:     Phone:763-3392

School of Education
1033 School of Education Bldg.
Phone: 647-0589 / 615-3835

College of Engineering First Year: Engineering Advising Center
1009 Lurie Engineering Cener
The Engineering Advising Center (EAC) advises first-year and undeclared engineering students until they declare into an engineering department.
E-mail:     Phone: 647-7106

  Transfer: Office of Recruitment and Admissions
  1108 Lurie Engineering Center
  E-mail:     Phone: 647-7101

Program in the Environment
1120 Undergraduate Science Buildilng
The Program in the Environment is the University’s home for undergraduate environmental education. We offer both a concentration and a minor in the environment. The minor is open to students outside LSA, as well as within the college. Talk to us early if you’re interested — don’t wait until your junior year!
E-mail:     Phone: 763-5065

Honors Program
1330 Mason Hall
E-mail:     Phone: 764-6274

Kinesiology Advising for: Movement Science, Sport Management, Athletic Training, Physical Education
Observatory Lodge, 1402 Washington Heights
E-mail:     Phone: 764-4472

College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
E-mail:     Phone: 764-0332

School of Music, Theatre & Dance
2290 Moore Bldg.
Phone: 764-0593

School of Nursing
400 N. Ingalls, Room 1154
E-mail:     Phone: 763-9438

College of Pharmacy
428 Church St.
E-mail:     Phone: 764-5550

Residential College
134 Tyler-East Quad
E-mail:     Phone: 763-0032


Point of Contact
Undergraduate Admissions -
Graduate & Professional Departments -
Office of New Student Programs -