Even if you are using your VA benefits to pay for your education, we highly encourage you to apply for and fill out all financial aid paperwork. Federal aid is not connected with your VA benefits and can be used for other college expenses beyond tuition.
In-state tuition for active duty, reservists, veterans
Free undergraduate tuition for families earning up to $65,000 with less than $50,000 in assets (Ann Arbor campus)
- In-state tuition for most active duty, reservists, and veterans
- FREE tuition potential for first undergraduate degree
- Save your GI Bill benefits for graduate school or dependents
- Start at the financial aid website
- Check out the Veteran Section of the University Financial Aid Website
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Fill out the financial aid profile (U-M CSS Code is 1839)
- Once admitted go to my scholarship profile to ensure you apply for all scholarships you are eligible for.
- Contact your academic unit’s financial aid office for specific scholarships by academic unit
- Transfer Student Scholarships (including a Child Care Subsidy program)
- Look for Private Military Scholarships
- State of Michigan scholarships
- Private Scholarships
Have questions? Need help? Email Tasha Lonabarger and Adam Lucier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a graduate student or professional student, you need to talk with you specific school’s financial aid counselor.